The module complements the existing customer newsletter subscription box with the Name field. With this module providing a username becomes compulsory for non-logged-in visitors.
Magento® Community Edition 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
Magento® Enterprise Edition 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
The extension allows for requesting a name when a visitor signs up for the newsletter as guest. Therefore, providing a name becomes compulsory for non-logged-in visitors as well.
The extension can be enabled from the module’s configuration section. In this case the original Magento® newsletter block will be replaced, and it will show full name or first name and last name as mandatory input fields depending on configuration. The guest customer will only be able to subscribe if the required inputs are filled.
The administrator can set where to show the newsletter block, in the left or in the right sidebar. There is an option to replace it in the footer for Madison Island theme only for Magento® 22.214.171.124 version (or later). There are also options to show prefix, middle name and suffix, and display checkbox if needed. All subscription information will be visible in Newsletter / Newsletter Guest Subscribers Names menu.
In certain countries according to the e-commerce law, it is compulsory to provide not only an e-mail address of the subscriber but a name as well. This law is valid for all eStores performing commercial activities as services for example in Hungary.
- Module enable/disable
- Newsletter box is replaced automatically
- Choose to show the block in the left or in the right sidebar. Or replace it in the footer for Madison Island theme only for Magento® 126.96.36.199 version (or later)
- Choose to display full name or first name and last name
- Able to show prefix, middle name and suffix also and display checkbox if needed
- Separate layout file associated with the module, where you can simply set the block placement
- Supported languages: English
It is a separate module that does not change the default Magento® files.
- Magento® Community Edition 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
- Magento® Enterprise Edition 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x